11.12.2010

Sadlark Press

Today is a RED LETTER DAY in the history of earthVSsoup press.

For my final printmaking project I had to come up with a name for my press. I was having a hard time doing this. I wanted it to be something cool and meaningful to me since I'll probably be using it for the rest of my life.
Jack Vance is my absolute favorite author, so I thought it would be cool to name my press after a character in one of his novels. But I wanted to do this the right way (i.e. obtain some kind of permission to do this).

I won't go into too many details, but let's just say that today I obtained permission from the Hugo and Nebula award winning SFWA Grand Master HIMSELF to name my press Sadlark Press!

But, you ask, what does this mean for the future of earthVSsoup press? Will Proton Penguin be discontinued? Are you going to get all fancy on us and start charging us for comic books?

Answers: Hang on a second. Absolutely not. And I wish.

All it means is that earthVSsoup press will become earthVSsoup comics, a subsidiary of Sadlark Press. I've still got big plans for Proton Penguin in the pipeline so he's not going anywhere. Who knows(Aimee)? I might even be bringing back some old villains!And finally, you have nothing to worry about, ALL the newsletters will continue to be FREE.

Now that I've got a name, all I have to do is the actual project.

No comments:

Post a Comment